The CLC Projects Ashtabula County...
Dedicated to the development and support of the creation of Community Learning Centers (CLCs) in area schools to provide services and programs for students, families, and the community so that all can be successful in school and life.
CLC Projects Ashtabula County is a partnership between Ashtabula County Community Action Agency and the Ashtabula County Educational Service Center to implement the Community Learning Center (CLC) Expansion Project (CLC-E Project).
The CLC-E Project works to:
- establish within the area schools a CLC to serve as a community hub, to provide educational, recreational, cultural, health and social services;
- improve coordination, integration, accessibility, and effectiveness of services for children and families; and,
- address the non-academic conditions that negatively affect a student’s ability to come to school “ready-to-learn.”
The CLC will leverage community partner support to address the barriers to student achievement in a thorough and cost-effective manner that is complimentary to the academic vision.
What we do...
The establishment of such CLC’s will follow a mutually agreed upon process developed based upon existing best practices and CLC implementation models. Including but not limited to:
- Conducting an assessment of the needs, wants, and values of the Districts stakeholders through a Community Engagement Process (CE Process),
- Collection and analysis of CE Process results, and presentation of results to the District and its stakeholders,
- Development of goals, priorities, and a plan for implementation,
- Initiating or facilitating action steps based on the results of the CE Process, and,
- Oversight, consultation, or administration of the CLC operation in collaboration with the District as appropriate.
Click the button to read our CLC Projects of Ashtabula County Annual Report to view a summary of our past year's accomplishments.
Our current work...
We have worked with the Grand Valley Local School district to establish their Community Learning Center... the Mustang Stable.
The Mustang Stable provides services to address basic needs, such as: emergency food, clothing bank, hygiene products, student support groups, and connections to resources. We completed the Community Engagement or information gathering phase which: determined what additional support services the residents would like to see provided to help students, families, and the community have a greater chance to do well; and, found out how to strengthen the ties between the community and the schools. Based on the results of your feedback, we have an exciting future planned for The Mustang Stable!
We are starting our third initiative, working with the Buckeye Local School District to establish their Community Learning Center... the EDGE.
The EDGE is providing services to address basic needs, such as: emergency food, clothing bank, hygiene products, student support groups, and connections to resources.
This past Spring, we completed the Community Engagement or information gathering phase to:
- determine what additional support services the residents would like to see provided to help students, families, and the community have a greater chance to do well; and,
- find out how to strengthen the ties between the community and the schools.
This Fall, we will be utilizing your feedback, to plan an exciting future for the EDGE!